27 March 2008

Welcome

I have finally found something I don't mind posting about online: KNITTING!

My current project is a shrug I'm making out of Misti Alpaca...you can find all the deets on my Ravelry. I know, I know. No pictures. There WILL be though. You mark my words. Or don't, because I'm probably lying.


I've encountered a few issues:
  1. It's too small. Yeah, all you swatchers are snickering right now. SHUT UP!
  2. My finishing looks HORRIBLE. The raglan seams look like I stapled them together with weird...yarn staples. I know I'm a better knitter than this, but can't figure out how I made the seams so wrinkly.

I've decided it's time for radical intervention. First step: Find a finishing course. I'll probably sign up at Article Pract or Knit One One. Step two: Rip that sucker to shreds. I love the yarn too much to let it sit in my pile of rotting yarn corpses never to be picked up again.

No comments: